Live-in Caregiver

Live-in caregivers are individuals who are qualified to provide care for children, elderly persons or persons with disabilities in private homes without supervision. Live-in caregivers must live in the private home where they work in Canada.

To work as a live-in caregiver in Canada, you must apply for a work permit from outside Canada. The application for a work permit can only be submitted after your prospective employer has successfully obtained a written confirmation (approval) from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC).

Live-in Caregivers may be eligible to apply for permanent residence after 24 months of authorized full-time employment, or a total of 3,900 hours (within a minimum of 22 months which may include a maximum of 390 hours of overtime) of authorized full-time employment.

For more information about the Live-in Caregiver Program, please contact us or refer to the CIC Live-in Caregiver Program.

Click Here To Download Our On-Line Assessment Form
 Note – after completing the On-Line Assessment  Form, please visit our Contact page to submit your form.